– Hello Tobias & Simon, I’m glad to ask you some questions for Differentgrooves.com
Since 2010 your career into the house and tech house scene in Germany raised up quickly, gaining up also a lot of interest in the whole Europe. Did you ever expect to reach a result like this?
No, not at all. We’re super happy with the situation and getting more and more self-confident and gritty with our productions.
– It seems like that you, Super Flu, Andhim, Hanne & Lore, Ole Biege and Cascandy are a nice group of friends united all under the Monaberry imprint. What can you say about the first time you meet with them all?
Love at first sight. Haha. No, honestly. We all share the same sense of humor which makes it easy to get on.
– In the beginning of may your release “The Wizard Of Us” has been published on Get Physical. How do you feel about that?
We’re super proud since we put a lot of work in it (like always). We created a cover and video which makes it a nice piece of work. We are a part of the Get Physical family now and going to play a lot of cool shows together this year. Massive fun!
– The cover used for the release is quite strange and particular at the same time, why did you choice Das Cabinet to do that?
Das Cabinet was just founded. It didn’t even exist when we started to work on the project. We encountered them by accident and were super stoked by their work. We asked them if they could implement our weird ideas and they said yes. And we love the result.
– In the last week of June you’ll play again at Fusion Festival, what do you expect this year? How was your experience in 2012?
Fusion was one of the biggest experiences in 2012. Our set on soundcloud (https://soundcloud.com/andhim/andhim-live-at-fusion-festival) is still the people’s favorite set. 2013 we’re going to play two shows on Friday and Saturday. It will be a blast. For sure!
– Is anything new forthcoming in the next months you wanna tell us about?
There will be a new EP as well as some new remixes. Watch out. Some good stuff is coming!
– Thank you for having spent the time to let our readers know more about your music and thoughts!
Thank you. Stay as cute as you are!
Interview by Matteo Pitton