– Hi Egbert, welcome on differentgrooves.com , I’m glad to ask you few questions!
After many months of appearances as remixer your EP “Get The Funk” has been published, maintaining your style and quality sound. How do you feel about that?
I’m happy I have an EP out again, it’s been a while. It’s always very difficult to finish a record. Actually, I always have the feeling it’s not finished. But I like the new release, especially “Straktrekken”, I have been playing and adjusting this track for years now and I think it sounds pretty good now.
– What kind of stuff do you use in your studio? Did you follow a music course or something like that to get a high quality output or it is a result after a long self-learning process?
I have been making music since I was 8 years old, so I have a lot of experience producing. Secret Cinema told me a lot of tricks to make the sound better, he is a great teacher for me ^^.
– When your collaboration with Gem Records was born and how is your relationship with the other artist involved in the label project? Also, will we see you again playing b2b with Secret Cinema?
Secret Cinema and I perform together on a regular basis in Europe at the moment. For years I looked for the right people to work with, the GEM guys are the ones ^^. I’m very happy working like this.
– How do you handle your live set? I see you always use an Akai APC40 on Ableton with a Kaoss Pad.
I actually use 2 APC40’s nowadays, with 2 laptops and a Kaoss Pad. It can get very complicated sometimes, but that’s the fun of playing live.
– At the end of october you will release your album. What can you say about that? How it will be structured?
Since I have almost a thousand tracks, it was very difficult to choose them. The album has a bit of everything, but especially melodies, because that’s the thing I miss sometimes when I go clubbing.
The whole album is one long mix so it’s easy to listen in the car, and the separate tracks are also included. So you can also play them as a DJ.
– Will the album be more dancefloor oriented or will it feature also different and unusual music?
Yes most tracks are for the dance floor!
– There are any forthcoming events or festivals you’re anxious to play?
I will be playing together with Secret Cinema in the Zouk club, Singapore. A lot of great festivals in Europe, and the biggest thing right now is the 20th of September. I’m doing a 6 Hour live set in Amsterdam at Melkweg. A legendary club. It will be all my own tracks, 6 hours long. VERY EXCITING ^^
A lot of people have already bought tickets for that night. That’s an amazing feeling!
– Album apart, have you got anything new forthcoming in the next months you wanna tell us about?
I decided to release more music in the future, some Drumcode stuff coming up, and some stuff I cannot tell you anything about (YET)…
– Thank you for having spent the time to let our readers know more about your music and thoughts!
Thanks and hugs from Holland!
Interview by Matteo Pitton