Title: 25 Years of DJing – 1988-2012 (One Track Per Year) – Part 1
Presented by: DJ T.
Label: Get Physical
Cat. #: GPMCD072
Release Date: July 29th 2013
01. Fast Eddie – Acid Thunder (Fast Thunder) (DJ T. Edit)
02. Bang The Party – Bang Bang Your Mine (DJ T. Edit)
03. Major Problems – Overdose (The Final Trip) (DJ T. Edit)
04. M1 – Feel The Drums (DJ T. Edit)
05. Todd Terry Presents Sound Design – Searchin’ (DJ T. Edit)
06. Pacha – One Kiss (Fathers of Sound One Mix) (DJ T. Edit)
07. Raze – Break 4 Love (Hard For The Floor Mix) (DJ T. Edit)
08. C-Rock – Funky Dope Trakk (DJ T. Edit)
09. Mr. Barth – Music Is The Key (DJ T. Edit)
10. DJ Hell vs. Richard Bartz – Take A Shot (DJ T. Edit)
11. Johnny Fiasco – Conduction (DJ T. Edit)
12. Romanthony – The Wanderer (Temple Vox Mix)
13. Technasia – Force (DJ T. Edit)
14. Kotai – Sucker DJ (Highfish Remix) (DJ T. Edit)
15. John Tejada – Timebomb (vip mix) (DJ T. Edit)
16. Ultramarine – Hooter (Carl Craig Remix)
17. Vince vs. DJ T. – Superworld (DJ T. Dub Mix) (2013 Edit)
18. Gary Martin – Turkish Tavern (DJ T. Edit)
19. Shit Robot – Wrong Galaxy
20. jOHNNYDANGEROUs – Beat That Bitch (Johnny’s Problem #13)
21. SIS – Nesrib
22. Paul Kalkbrenner – Bengang (DJ T. Edit)
23. Kiki – Good Voodoo (Subb-an Edit)
24. Stuffa featuring David A Tobin – Proof (FCL Remix) (DJ T. Edit)
25. Catz ‘N Dogz – They Frontin’ feat. Monty Luke
Ever since the late 1980s, Thomas Koch aka DJ T. has played a key role on the international electronic circuit as a DJ, producer, label mastermind, club & event promoter, journalist and magazine publisher. His recent output has been a true treat for our ears, captured for posterity on his third and most successful album to date, “The Pleasure Principle” as well as countless of compilations, singles, remixes and edits, supported by two global DJ tours. 2013 saw the 25th anniversary of T.’s DJ career – an event the veteran virtuoso plans to celebrate with another tour of the world. Kicking off in August 2013, travels will take him all across Europe and then – far into next year – through the remaining continents.
To mark the occasion, Get Physical has prepared several releases, including a new EP featuring DJ T.’s own tracks and a follow-up to his sought-after compilation series (launched in 2011). Lauded as some of the most unusual, inspiring and acclaimed digital compilations of recent years, the series’ previous three issues serve as DJ T.’s very personal homage to the once popular and opinion-leading (genre) compilations, a format that has lost much of its influence and sway in the digital age. The latest edition of this series, “DJ T. Pres. 25 Years of DJing – 1988-2012 (One Track Per Year) – Part 1” will be split into two issues of 25 tracks each, introducing one track for every year. Expect pt. 1 of this compilation to drop at the end of July, with pt. 2 to follow two months later.
The compilation’s name says it all: To mark this unique occasion, DJ T. spent nights on end scouring his record shelves to assemble a spectacular track list; a track list reflecting all those cuts that have shaped his career. Now, the result of months of intensive research and licensing has paid off with a true treasure: Both parts of the compilation boast a balanced mix of well-known hits and secret gems covering the entire breadth of musical styles that have influenced DJ T.’s sound over the last 25 years. What’s more, most of these tracks have never been available in a digital format before – and some of them even received the welcome DJ T. treatment with subtle edits and re-mastering.