-Hi Stephen, I’m glad to ask you some questions for Differentgrooves.com
One year has passed from the publication of “Hypnosis EP” on Electric Deluxe and now you strike again the techno scene with “Catapult EP”. How do you feel after this achievement?
I was very happy with the ‘Hypnosis EP’ last year. I feel like it was one of my best releases, so it will be great to follow that up with my second EP for Electric Deluxe.
– Do you think that your release is in line with your style or the tracks are build with new elements, sounds and experimentations?
Yeah I think the tracks represent my style quite well. I’m always trying to bring new ideas and elements to my productions, but you could say these tracks are typical ‘bouffmyhre’ style.
– Studio background – how long did you take to produce the tracks?
It was a 4 track demo which I made especially for Jochem. He was the only person I sent the tracks to and i’m glad he decided to take all of them together on the same release. I would say I was probably working on them for about 2 months in total.
– How is Sleaze Records going on? In October you will have also a label showcase at ADE, that’s cool!
Sleaze Records is going great! Yeah we’ve just celebrated our 5th year label anniversary and now we’re looking forward to ADE. Together with our friends at Schwung, we’ve had amazing sell out parties the past 2 years. This year looks to be bigger than ever. We can’t wait for it.
– Do you think that your music reflects the visual impact and city mood of Glasgow?
My music can be quite dark, heavy and even angry sounding at times, so that probably captures the mood of Glasgow. The weather is pretty bad here and we don’t get a lot of sunshine. That probably encourages me to stay inside more and work on music!
– Does Stephen listen to other music genres apart techno?
Although I admit i’m an absolute techno addict, I do listen to other styles of music at times. For example, I enjoy chilling out listening to old rock bands like Pink Floyd, The Doors, Joy Division & The Stones Roses.
– Is anything forthcoming in the next months you wanna tell us about?
After the ‘Catapult EP’ on Electric Deluxe I have my first album on Sleaze Records. It’s called ‘Where I Belong’ and is due out early December. I also have a new Secluded release on Soma Records before the end of the year, so there’s plenty to look forward to!
– Thank you for having spent the time to let our readers know more about your music and thoughts!
Interview by Matteo Pitton