Henrique ‘HNQO’ Oliviera is one of his country’s foremost exporters of house and techno sounds. Mostly, he’s known for his work on Jamie Jones and Lee Foss’ Hot Creations label, although he’s becoming increasingly known for his output on his own label, Playperview. We thought we’d get a quick insight into his psychic record bag, just as his latest release dropped…
– Your all-time favourite club track?
Laurent Garnier’s “The Man with the Red Face”. Pure emotions…I love this track for life!
– The track you’ve finished a set with the most often?
Has to be Olek Paliakov’s “Caravan”. I love the sax. Sounds Sexy!
– The track you cleared the floor with (what happened when?)
Anything on this EP as it’s the sort of record that makes you realise the party is over and it’s time to go home. Still really fucking good though!
– The track you rescued a floor with?
Sometimes, after getting on after a bad warm-up, this track by Dast, ‘’Deep Down” is the one to make the crowd get in the mood I want to build.
– The cheesiest/ guiltiest secret track you love?
Only because I have to choose one, I’ll go for The Ones – “Flawless”. I still love it though. It’s classic… It’s flawless!
– The track that everyone else loved that you hated?
I don’t really know how to answer this one. I think i’ll pass. Sorry!
– The track that you loved that everyone hated?
I have a few friends that don’t like Tom Waits’ “New Coat of Paint” when I put it on as we have a party or BBQ, but I love it and I don’t give a fuck.
– Anything you’d like plugging?
Sure! The Bomb!
Interview by James Hopkins