– Hello Frederic and Patrick, I’m glad to ask you some questions for Differentgrooves.com !
On July your album “Meet Me On The Floor” was published. After four months what are your considerations about that?
The feedback is still good and we are still happy with the result. We are happy that also the deeper tracks on the album are successful too because usually we are only well known for the peak-time stuff. So it was nice to please people across the board.
– Are you satisfied with the releases and the expansion of your label KD Music?
Absolutely! We love all of them and are very happy to see that so many people, including lots of big DJ’s like what we are releasing on KD Music.
– Your release “La Turba” is going to be published on Drumcode. Can you remember the first time you get in touch with Drumcode? How do you feel every time you get released on this label under the spotlight?
We have been big fans of the label for many years! When we started DJ’ing we bought a lot of DC records and still love a lot of them today. For us it really is something special, because its one of the hottest and oldest techno labels and Adam is still doing an amazing A&R job! When we started Kaiserdisco, we always wanted to have a great platform to present our “techno side” and we were really happy when Adam signed the 1st EP. From this point we have a good relationship and are proud to be a part of the DC family.
– What are the fundamentals and main concepts of your music culture? Which were the main contrasts that provoke and stimulate you during the years?
The important concept behind Kaiserdisco is to make the people dance! Everyone wants to have a good time in the club, dance to hot rhythms and meet hot chicks. For us it’s very important to work as a duo in the studio because then it’s much easier to give the tracks the right feeling, it’s our main goal to stimulate the people!
– Imagine to have the possibility to do a short travel in the past, would you change something to improve your music career or it would make no sense?
That’s hard to say! If we had the chance to meet 10-15 years earlier you never know if we had the same feeling in the studio like we had 5 years ago. That’s why I would not change anything I guess.
– Have you ever been accused to be too commercial or mainstream?
We have been producing electronic music for more than 10 years now, you always need to have an eye on the music scene but it’s very important to stay true to yourself then you never get lost.
– Any recent gigs you enjoyed in particular?
Amsterdam Dance Event was a lot of fun! So many great parties and was awesome to catch up with so many friends.!
– Is anything new forthcoming in the next months you wanna tell us about?
We will release a track on Ocopus Recordings in December. Sian is a good friend of ours and we like what he is doing on his label. We are also working on lot of new tracks but it’s too early to tell you about it yet… but 2014 is near!!
– Thank you for having spent the time to let our readers know more about your music and thoughts!
Interview by Matteo Pitton