Hi Mariano, welcome to the 5 shoot interview for differentgrooves.com !
1. Briefly, what can you tell us about your musical background and your first approaches to electronic music?
I started to make electronic music in 2006. At that time I was a big fan of underground hip-hop culture, I bought Reason 3.0 and I tried to arrange funky, soul and break beats. A year later I went to a rave party and I immediately fall in love with that atmosphere.
2. What was the biggest highlight in your career?
Well, definitely my Acid EP (2012) released on MKT (Markantonio’s label) I think that gave me the opportunity to be known in the Neapolitan reality; a reality that I have always appreciated since I met techno and I still love it.
3. What can you say about the creating process of “Mental Fusion” forthcoming on Loose Records?
Every time I write a track I try to convey emotions through the use of specific harmonies and special sound materials. The two tracks of the EP were written a year ago in a particular period of my life, this is the reason for the title
4. If you had the chance to collaborate with any one artist in the world, who would it be and why?
Ehm… there are so many dj/producers with whom I would like to collaborate so it’s difficult for me to define one because every great artists that have emerged in the music industry are unique in their styles and musical ideas.
5. Is anything new forthcoming in the next months that you want to tell us about?
Soon will be released my remix for Pascal Nuzzo on Unrilis (sister label of Loose records) and an original track for the next compilation on Analytic Trail. Everything else is a surprise!
Thank you for having spent the time to let our readers know more about your music and thoughts!
Thank you very much for the invitation. I hope to see you soon. Ciao!