Hi Mike, welcome to the 5 shoot interview for differentgrooves.com !
1. Your debut album on Yoruba Records is going to be published. How do you feel about that?
I am extremely happy and satisfied! “Who Am I” has been close to a 2 year project that I have let come naturally and organically. It’s a great feeling to see final progression take place and the album be released.
2. “Who Am I” is the album title, why this choice?
I like to keep things as pure and as honest as possible, being my debut album, “Who Am I” is simply letting people know about the music that has shaped me and the music that I am about.
3. Do you ever ask to yourself “who am I” to think about your personal and artistic identity?
I started listening to House Music at the age of 12, so for me I’ve always been into the groove, the feeling and the vibe, for as long as i can remember! I felt the calling of house music at a young age and was fortunate enough to be able to grow with it.
4. All the songs are warm and elegant, how difficult is for you to maintain this house style?
Not difficult at all to be honest, I play and make music that I feel, it’s simple as that. I’m not trying to fit a certain style or sound, it’s simply music that resonates with me.
5. Every time I listen to your album I think that this kind of sound is fading away more and more
from the scene, are you conscious about that or not?
Everyone has different interpretations of music and what’s fading in and fading out. I do what I do and try as be as pure and honest with my interpretation as possible and if people like it, they like it. It’s simply music that comes from the heart and has SOUL!
Thank you for having spent the time to let our readers know more about your music and thoughts!
Thanks for having me