– Hi guys, i’m glad to ask you some questions for Differentgrooves.com
Let’s break the ice, how has been your summer? Did you play on many gigs? Did you enjoy one or many in particular?
Ola….yo we´d a great summer with a lot of big festivals and big moments, especially the “Fusion Festival”, “3000grad” and “Plötzlich Am Bodden”
– Can you briefly describe your standard performance setup for dj sets?
What does it work better for you?
How did the new digital technologies influence your dj set work?
For a good show we just need a mixer, 2 cdjs and our cd bag and, of course, some people who are interested in music.
It´s very nice to see what the developer of all these digital technologies design. Some systems seems to be more complex than other people live sets but for us it´s not interesting yet.
– Did you had the occasion to road test the tracks of your forthcoming release on Monaberry? (in case you played these out) how was your main feeling when you heard these on a big soundsystem?
In our homebase Halle/Saale we manage together with a friend of us a club….the Charles Bronson. At the beginning of this year we installed a Function One soundsystem so it´s easy for us to pre-listen our tracks on a big soundsystem 😉 But instead of that we play a lot of unreleased stuff on our shows, With the crowed in front of you and the special live energy it´s better to get a feeling on the details and waves from the tracks. Hi Life was our starter on the fusion festival…sun was shining….a lot of happy people….nothing more to say.
– “Hi Life” – original and remix – are both a story-teller tracks, and “Roulè” give more
a dance feeling – there was a particular inspiration or state of mind when you composed these songs?
Composing tracks is just build up our mind of the moment in waves 😉 On this EP we first build the story-teller and than we thought to make the EP complete for us we need a nice groovy b-side.
– How the biz with your label “What! What!” is going on?
Very well. At the moment we don´t want to release to much with What! What!, rather more special releases. Everyday the market will be overspammed with good and bad music so it´s no needing for us to manage a label which release music like daily soaps….
– What are your future plans? Do you have any new releases or future gigs that you would like to tell us about?
After the Hi Life EP on Monaberry we release a remix on Strictly Rhythm in October, maybe at the end of the year a next EP on Mambo and for the rest of the year we play a lot of shows around Europe and Australia…..nice job 😉
– Thank you for having spent the time to let our readers know more about your music and thoughts !
thanks a lot for spreading our minds….your Monkeys
Sven & Lars
Interview by Matteo Pitton