– Hi Sebastian, I’m glad to ask you some questions for Differentgrooves.com
At the end of September your release “Words And Chance” was published, what’s the story behind it?
It’s quite a nice story actually… Me and Eric had been working on a lot of music, and one day in the studio we dug out this track we started a few months earlier but then forgot about it. We started working on it and things went really quickly. Within a few hours we had pretty much finished the track, but we thought that we need some vocals for it. Half joking we wrote a FB post saying that we need a vocalist ‘right now’! Forrest (who had met Eric only a few days earlier) got in touch, and a couple of hours later we had our vocal. I’m rarely a friend of online collabs, but in this instance it was just magic
– How was your reaction when you know that Visionquest would take care about your release?
Super happy! I have known the guys behind it since before they started Visionquest, and I’ve been loving the label from the start.
– During the years have you been fascinated more by house or techno?
It’s all different shades of the same thing to me and I’d never limit myself to only one particular sub-genre. I’m not a friend of genre labels, my music is somewhere between…
– Are you still listening and enjoying any oldschool records?
I spent a lot of time digging for old treasures, I don’t play that much brand new music. Too many DJs are trying to get their hands on the latest shit hot promos, but the real gold can be found in the past. That promo won’t be shit hot anymore in a few weeks, while a timeless track will always be hot.
– In your opinion what is missing in the electronic music culture nowadays?
Big question, I could go on about this for ages I guess. But generally I think electronic music is in a very strong position these days, so I prefer to stay optimistic and focus on the good aspects.
– On October 19th the DJMag Top 100 chart has been announced, did you care about it?
Haha, made me laugh that one…
– How the Lo*kee parties are going on? Any news about what has been planned for the next season?
We’re back with small Sunday parties for the winter season which feels really good. Apart from that we’re focussing on the label right now.
– Have you got any forthcoming projects in the next months you wanna tell us about?
Watch out for a release on Renate Schallplatten and a remix on my own label Lokee Musik. There’s more exciting stuff that I’d rather not talk about yet..
– Thank you for having spent the time to let our readers know more about your music and thoughts!
My pleasure, thanks for having me.
Interview by Matteo Pitton