– How’s your day been so far? How’s all in the world of Simion days?
All good here. Just came back from Ibiza where I have played Sankeys. Was great!
– Where are you based?
I am based in Germany.
– So where do you to do if you’re clubbing there? What venue has inspired you more than any other?
There are a lot of cool clubs in cities like Berlin, Frankfurt, Munich and Hamburg. I quite like Watergate, although it is a bit touristy. The atmosphere is great when the sun is rising up. Of course Berghain and Ritter Butzke are great too.
– Do you find different parts of the year more inspirational to make music? When do you find you’re at your most creative?
I think in spring is the best time of the year to be creative. Summer is near and it is that special vibe you can catch
– Was there one person who convinced you to give electronic music a go? If so, how inspirational have they been in your life?
To be honest, not really. I just became a part of it.
– What’s your ultimate aim with music? To be successful or to keep enjoying what you do?
I want to keep enjoying what I do. If it is successful, great. If not, life goes on.
– Did it take a while for you to be taken seriously as a DJ?
Definitely, yes. At the beginning my friends and family were not taking it too serious until I got my first residency!
What track do you play to rescue the floor?
That’s a hard one to answer. It is not about that one track. It is more the style to keep control of the crowd.
– And what track makes you happy? And said?
Royksopp – Sordid Affair (Maceo Plex Remix). It´s just one of those tracks which brings a smile on your face. I hear it and I feel happy
– If there was one track to define your story so far, what would it be and why?
Again, that’s very hard to say. I think I would not try to find a song for my story. I am focused anyway and I hope the label is doing good in the future.
– Can you tell us a bit about your relationship with the Hedonism label?
I am involved since day one and am one of the owners. It is always great if you have a dream and one day you see the first record released.
– What are your favourite Hedonism records to date?
The favourite is always the first. In this case Miguel Campbell´s remix for Imany – You Will Never Know. Timeless.
– What 5 tracks are you playing a lot at the moment?
Azari & III – Reckless (With Your Love) (Steve Lawler Remix)
Andrea Oliva & Fritz Helder – Turn Off The Dawn (Club Mix) [Objectivity]
Seff – One Into 3 (Original Mix) [Viva Music]
Luna City Express – The Next Level (Audiojack Remix) [Moon Harbour]
Nick Curly – Rack and Run (Original) [8Bit]
Interview by Ian Fleming
Deep and Dirty Ibiza (Mixed by Betoko and Simion) is out now on Hedonism