Title: Collecting Data
Label: Soma Records, UK.
Cat #: SOMACD096
Release Date: 25/06/2012
Format: CD / DIgital
01. Sasha – Coma (Slam Remix)
02. Radio Slave – Bell Clap Dance (Slam Paragraph Remix)
03. Spencer Parker – Untitled Head (Slam RTM House Mix)
04. Slam – We Doin’ This Again?
05. Prompt – Evolve (Slam Paragraph Mix)
06. Slam – Heart Of The Soul (Slam’s RTM House Mix)
07. Shlomi Aber & Kenny Larkin – Sketches (Slam Remix)
08. Josh Wink – Everybody To The Sun (Slam Paragraph Mix)
09. Slam – What’s On Your Mind
10. Paul Ritch – The Wolf (Slam Remix)
11. Dot Allison – Cry (Slam Vocal Remix)
12. The Black Dog – CCTV Nation (Slam Mix)
13. Christian Smith – Pitanga (Slam Remix)
01. Slam – Collecting Data
02. Pan-Pot – Face To Face / Confronted (Slam Paragraph Mix)
03. Slam – Variance
04. Slam – Metro Noir
05. Secret Cinema – Timeless Altitude (Slam Paragraph Remix)
06. Slam – Hot Knives
07. Slam – Dead Dog Bounce
08. Slam – Maffaking
09. Alex Under – El Alma del Tiempo (Slam Paragraph Remix)
10. Slam – Area 51
11. Slam – Chasing Shadows
12. Slam – Crowded Room
13. Slam – City Destroyer (Part 1)
Slam are marking the summation of a highly prolific period in their career with the release of ‘Collecting Data’, a double CD of original Slam productions combined with Slam remixes of artists such as Radio Slave, Josh Wink and Christian Smith. The last few years have seen Slam consistently rated highly for their original material and their reworks, which have garnered huge support from all manner of DJs and producers around the world.
The impact of Slam is massive in the world of electronica, most recently made clear by their rating as one of the most influential artists on Soundcloud, while also being one of the most charted acts on Resident Advisor and Beatport.
Such a lofty position is afforded the Glasgow legends not only through their prolific releasing schedule but also through their hugely successful DJ and live sets.
In the UK, most notably headlining the ever popular Slam Tent at T In The Park as well as an electrifying performance at Glade. Further afield storming performances at Time Warp, Mayday and Awakenings have helped to cement and build their dedicated loyal following across Europe.
Check out the best of Slam’s 2011 tour highlights here: http://vimeo.com/35225393
With all this behind them it is with great excitement that Slam look forward to the future, which along with the Collecting Data album release sees the launch of their ‘Alliances’ collaborations on Paragraph with the likes of Pan-Pot, Gary Beck and the Italo Boyz, an exciting new Slam podcast series and eagerly awaited releases on Figure, Drumcode & Soma, making 2012 a productive and busy period for these innovative players on the Techno and House scene as they seamlessly progress the explosive output of the last few years.