CD1 – mixed by Flashmob
01. A Guy Called Gerald – The Universe (Featuring Jennifer Neal)
02. Detroit Swindle – The Wrap Around (Original Mix)
03. Flashmob – Ninety Five (Original Mix)
04. Brawther – Spaceman (George FitzGerald Remix)
05. Flashmob – Ninety Five (Dirty Channels Remix)
06. Blaze – Lovelee Dae (Flashmob Underground Mix)
07. Rachel – Follow The Step (KiNK Beat Mix)
08. Motorcitysoul – Bass En Provence (Original Mix)
09. KiNK – Detunator (La Force seven Bowls Remix)
10. Kris Wadsworth – It’s Time (Original Mix)
11. Mr G – Lightz (G’ Out Dub) w/ Gene Farris – Welcome To Chicago (Acapella)
12. Hot Chip – How Do You DO (Todd Terje Remix)
13. Flashmob – Pieces feat. Laila Walker (Panorama Mix)
CD2 – mixed by Supernova
01. Tapesh & Dyane S – Your Love (Original Mix) Chez Damier – Can You Feel It (Acapella Short Cut)
02. Harrison Crump – No More Lies (Sonny Fodera Remix)
03. Julien Chaptal feat Minivila – Wild Cat (Original Mix)
04. Kevin Over – Soul X (Original Mix)
05. Private One – Sunset City (Original Mix)
06. Daniel Selfmade, Charlie Demir – Libre La vida (Supernova Remix)
07. Jimpster – Can’t Stop Loving
Supernova – I Can’t Do Without U (Acappella Short Cut)
08. Guy Gerber feat. Jaw – Steady (Original Mix)
09. Luciano – Rise Of Angel (Andrea Oliva Remix)
10. Kerri Chandler – Bar A Thym (Supernova Dub)
11. Dave Aju – Caller #7 (Seth Troxler and Subb Ann Remix)
12. Nick Curly – Wrong Hands (Yoruba Soul Remix)
13. Supernova – The Bridge (Original Mix)
14. Supernova – The World Is Crazy (Original Mix)
CD3 – mixed by Pirupa
01. Michael Melchner – FourToTheFloor (Matthias Tanzmann Remix)
02. Nathan Barato – It’s My Turn
03. Pele & Shawnecy – Free Your Style
04. Tom Flynn – Anytime Anywhere
05. Paolo Driver & Zoo Bof – I Still Need You
06. Pirupa – Bad Ass
07. Bimas – Back To The Past
Pirupa – Party Non Stop (Vocal Tool)
08. Ruben Mandolini – Lady Of Time
09. Paco Maroto – Old School (Original Mix)
10. EdOne – Ragga Master
11. Ramiro Lopez & Miguel Lobo – In Vein
12. Basti Grub – Damdamm
Nathan Barato – Hard Werq (Vocal Tool)
13. NiCe7 – Bassline Soldiers (Pirupa Remix)
14. Landmark & Kres feat. Frederic Mos – Music In You (Original Mix)
15. Leon + Toky aka Superheroes – 2 Guys
16. Enky – Welcome Back
Pirupa Just For You (Vocal Tool)
17. Pirupa – Just For You
Retuning for its 8th annual outing, Defected In The House Miami 2013 is a collection of pure underground house music from three of the finest electronic acts in the world. Mixed by the Italian trio of Flashmob, Supernova and Pirupa, this 3CD and digital release includes tracks and remixes from the finest producers in the world, including Hot Chip, Kris Wadsworth, Todd Terje, Blaze and Matthias Tanzmann as well as new and exclusive tracks from Flashmob, Supernova and Pirupa themselves, marking the 50th release of the acclaimed In The House series.
It’s impossible to ignore the impact of Italian artists on the current electronic music landscape. In 2012, two of the biggest records of the year were produced by Italians – Pirupa’s Track of the Year-winning Party Non Stop and Flashmob’s instant classic Need In Me – while in Ibiza, the Italian invasion is a well-documented August phenomenon that leads to the busiest summer period on the White Isle.
It was also in 2012 that Marco Carola stepped away from his Cocoon brethren and struck out alone, taking his Music On night to Amnesia; a brave and ultimately highly successful move given the intensity of competition on the island. In short, it’s hard to imagine as thriving an electronic music scene without the influence of these Italian maestros.
Step forward three of the country’s finest exports in Supernova, Flashmob and Pirupa to deliver a mix each on Defected In The House Miami 2013.
After the ravenous response to singles ‘Brick House’, ‘Ninety Five’ and – most significantly – ‘Need In Me’, Flashmob have carved an indelible niche for themselves, crafting sublimely unpretentious house music, the widespread appeal of which has been near unprecedented. Their mix explores the deeper territories of house music, flitting between skipping, 90s-inspired beats and more acid-flavoured influences, and includes A Guy Called Gerald’s The Universe, the George Fitzgerald remix of Brawther’s Spaceman and their own brand new single Pieces feat. Laila Walker.
Perhaps best known for their acclaimed and much-discussed collaboration with Kevin Saunderson on 2010’s ‘Beat Me Back’, Supernova used the attention achieved to demonstrate this was far from a one off, and are now recognised as artists and performers of the upmost quality. Their mix ranges from the deep to the soulful, but always keeps the dancefloor firmly in the forefront of its mind, intricately weaving accapellas through tracks like Tapesh & Dyane S Your Love and Jimpster Can’t Stop Loving.
Completing the package is Pirupa, an artist who has built in a short period of time a reputation that takes most artists a lifetime to achieve. The runaway success of Party Non Stop (which won Ibiza Tune of the Year at the 2012 Pacha awards) perhaps exceeded everyone’s expectations, but far from resting on his laurels, Pirupa has pushed forward with his DJing and production, and currently holds an enviable position at the very top of his game. His mix is typically driving; an adrenaline-fuelled rolling take on house music that includes his brand new and exclusive remix of NICe 7’s Basslines Soldiers as well as the unsigned I Still Need You from Paolo Driver & Zoo Bof.
Defected In The House Miami 2013 is the 50th release in the acclaimed In The House series, marking another impressive milestone for the label. As well as the long-running Ibiza and Miami releases, over the years the series has also championed the likes of Masters at Work, Tensnake, Gilles Peterson, Joey Negro and Sandy Rivera during the course of its 10-year history.