Title: Watergate 14
Mixed by: Mathias Kaden
Label: Watergate Records
Cat. #: CDWG014 / WG014
Release Date: 23 September, 2013
Format: CD & Digital
01. Merveille & Crosson – Nymphean (Visionquest)
02. DJ Koze feat. Apparat – Nices Wölkchen (Pampa)
03. Alix Alvarez – BDRK (Ovum)
04. Audio Werner – Ever (Minibar)
05. Ron Trent – Kids At Play (Electric Blue)
06. Rodriguez Jr. – Nausicâa (Exclusive Track) (Watergate Records)
07. Mathias Kaden – Troija (Desolat)
08. Marco Resmann – D. Teacher (Exclusive Track)
09. Daze Maxim – Farbfilm (Appollonia)
10. Ricardo Villalobos – HansUp (Raum…musik.)
11. Emanuel Satie – Move (Mono Recordings)
12. Alejandro Paz – El House (Cómeme)
13. Motor City Drum Ensemble – SP 11 (MCDE)
14. Moodymann – 4 One Night (KDJ)
15. Christian Burkhardt – Under The Wheel (Exclusive Track) (Watergate Records)
16. The Mole – Lockdown Party (DJ Sprinkles’ Crossfaderama) (Perlon)
17. Tapesh & Maximiljan – This is (Leena Music)
18. Roman Flügel – More More More (Clone Jack For Daze Series)
19. Todd Terry & Simone Vitullo – Let Yourself Go Feat. Vjuan Allure (R plus L Remix) (Basica Recordings)
20. Kink & Marc Romboy – Delusion Of The Enemy (Systematic Recordings)
21. Mathias Kaden – Fin (Exclusive Track) (Watergate Records)
22. Daniel Stefanik – Distillery (Exclusive Edit) (Cocoon)
The soul behind our new Watergate-Compilation belongs to a dedicated DJ and house-enthusiast: Mathias Kaden attends to number 14 of our popular mix-series and gives proof not only of his technical finesse but also of his ability to combine contemporary releases with evergreen classics.
He is always confident to his intuition and emotions to freak out any crowd, no matter what time or location he plays. All the same with his own productions: He released his debut-album “Studio 10” on the Berlin based Label Vakant in 2009, alongside EPs on Freude Am Tanzen and recently also Desolat.
That Kaden has a lot of love to spread is also being reflected in the compilation’s dreamy prelude for which he elected one of this summer’s ear-catcher: DJ Koze’s and Apparat’s “Nices Wölkchen”. After some minutes a relentless old-school-vibe is sneaking in, which finds his early peak in Ron Trens “Kids At Play”. Between two exklusive tracks from Rodriguez Jr. and Marco Resmann, Kaden proves that there must be a rhythm-machine beating behind his chest. In the middle the mix rattles with Alejandro Paz’ “El House” against its proper destination: House music without compromises.
The last third develops an endearing atmosphere, to which our house-own label contributes two more exklusive tracks. Mathias Kaden’s personal farewell is named “Fin” – but before he keeps silent Daniel Stefanik with “Distillery” speaks the closing remarks in an exclusive edit for this CD. With this Watergate-Compilation Kaden has succeeded an energetic and elegant mix with repeat-potential. Number 14 will be released on 23rd of September.