Title: Future Disco – Dance Club
Label: Future Disco
Cat. #: FDS014
Format: Digital, vinyl, CD
Release Date: 21st May 2021
The award-winning Future Disco compilation series returns with its 14th instalment, ‘Dance Club’, an embodiment and celebration of dancing, unity and togetherness, packed with music from key artists such as Dimitri From Paris, Dr Packer, Gerd Janson, Aeroplane & more.
Following a year of club closures and festival cancellations, 2020 was a year unlike any other. Our separation from the club environment was a reminder of its inherent beauty, empowering nature and community of dancers. ‘Dance Club’ symbolises this embodiment that draws people to one common purpose – to dance.
Following the series’ 10th anniversary, the release of 2020’s highly regarded ‘Visions of Love’ album garnered widespread support. Now, Future Disco is back with eighteen tracks carefully curated by label owner Sean Brosnan with some of the finest disco and club-ready DJ tools to soundtrack the summer of 2021 and beyond.
In Sean’s own words, ‘The dance club is a concept that focuses on the most important aspect of dance music – the dancing itself. This album is a celebration album, which sounds strange in such difficult times, but it’s a celebration of dancing and how we have so badly missed this expression. How we will dance again in the future, and it’s going to be better and bigger than ever.’
Opening proceedings, Dimitri from Paris steps up with Yusek’s remix of ‘Can’t Get Enough’ offering a perfect sunlit moment to rejoice in. Ron Basejam’s rework of label signee Black Hawks of Panama sets the tone, with an upright funk selection that struts on an infectious bassline. Amongst the many highlights, series regular COEO drives through a melodic transition to early 90’s rave, replete with embracing piano-chords and an old school rolling rhythm section.
Drawing out the excursion, rising star Jansons takes on remix duties for Tommy Farrow’s belter ‘Let’s Just’, which saw widespread success, reaching BBC Radio 1 playlisting and nearing 1m streams. This mainroom powerhouse of a record is fittingly escorted by Catz n Dogs and Gerd Janson’s epically euphoric ‘Modern Romance’. Special mention must go to the run of exclusives, edits and unreleased tracks here as Theo Kottis provides a sublime Future Disco edit of his excellent ‘Seventies’ and we get a Future Disco vocal version of New World’s ‘Glances’. Completing the new offerings we have the soulful funk of ‘L’atellier’ by ANTENNA!, and an edit of ‘Joy’ by The Showfa which is as uplifting as its name would suggest.
Welcome to the next chapter in the Future Disco Story. Welcome to the Dance Club.
Tracklist Mixed by Sean Brosnan
- Dimitri From Paris & Aeroplane featuring Leela – Can’t Get Enough (Yuksek Remix)
- Titeknots – On My Mind
- Black Hawks of Panama feat. Bisi – Feel For You (Ron Basejam Remix)
- Theo Kottis – Seventies (Theo’s Future Disco Edit) [Exclusive]
- Chevals – All I Wanna Do Is Love You
- New World – Glances (Future Disco Vocal Edit) [Exclusive]
- COEO – I Can Never Be Yours
- ANTENNA! – L’atellier [Exclusive]
- Jex Opolis – Listen to the Band
- Kahwe – All Day
- Hustlers Convention – Final (Dr Packer Remix)
- Gerd Janson & Jacques Renault – Never Saw Never
- The Showfa – Joy (Future Disco’s More Joy Edit) [Exclusive]
- Mix & Fairbanks – Red Light Runner
- Tommy Farrow – Let’s Just (Jansons Remix)
- Catz n Dogz & Gerd Janson – Modern Romance (Original Mix)
- Emil Rottmayer – L.E.V.E.L
- Ekkah – Wendy’s Yard (Gilligan Moss Remix)